Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Reaching out for council - My first Divorce

In Indiana the court will decide on how much you pay in child support by the amount of your income. and they will garnish it from your check automatically. your employer has no recourse but to comply.

second, it does not matter if you own the house you are living in or not she is going to get it, at least until the d proceedings are over; specially if she has temp custody of children. court feels children should not be routed from their surroundings.

like other posts have stated: all will be well until the dollar is being discussed. usually, all will be fine up until the court proceedings start. then it is every man, woman and child for themselves. my advice is to try to keep it amicable and try to get her to sit down with you and make a list of what each wants. then keep it uncontested. judges like easy d cases. better on male that way most times also. however; make a list of all you had prior to marriage (legal). also, just "in case", get hard copy of all 'dirt' on her; ie, drugs purchased illegally over inet, alcohol abuse, child abuse, infidelities, etc. not a pretty picture and not something most of us want to think we will ever have to use. but it happens. i know personally, been twice divorced. and currently on # 3 marriage. hey, i learn, just a little slow sometimes.

lastly, it is never easy on the children. specially on ones as young as yours. they just don't understand. and there will definately be ALOT more crying when the children are told. not from the 3 year old but alot from the 8 year old. MOST OF ALL: YOU AND YOUR WIFE HAVE TO REASSURE THE CHILDREN IT IS NOTHING THEY DID. THEY ARE IN NO WAY AT FAULT. THAT YOU BOTH LOVE THEM VERY MUCH. children have a way of thinking they are to blame. maybe if they had listened more, cleaned up their room more, helped with more chores, etc, you and mommy would not be getting d'd.

good luck, bro. truly hope all does go well with the d.
This is CABL.com posting #184382. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mV74
Posted in reply to: Reaching out for council - My first Divorce by oldschooldbstech
There are 0 replies to this message