Create your free account now! Sign up

Green Beans Beware !!!!!!!!!!!!!

This Story was told to me by Tom Hoff when he so graceiously allowed me to stay the night at his house on my journey home from Nebraska a few weeks ago. The story takes place in St. louis a couple years back . Tom is an allround cabledog living in St.Louis . He was working one day when the call came over the cell phone . The callers first words . "Thank God you answered Tom" Tom knew something was terribly wrong as he could hear the panic in the other mans voice . He said I need you to go across town to such and such location , we have an emergency. Tom halled a$$ across town to encounter the unbelievable tragedy . The company he contracted from had sent out two greens to resag a road crossing that had been recently torn down by a truck. It had been replaced by another contractor and was still too low. The company sent out two beeners to resag it . They didn't have the proper equipment or the experience to properly handle the job , so one of the men paid the ultimate price. One end of the span was unbucketable in the easment. One bean throws up the ladder on the pole(evidence of bean to start with) he uses a cheap braided wire come along and grip to try to raise the span, being improperly attached to the pole the come along can't raise the span , so the bean gets an idea(idea) he tells the other bean to go to the middle of the span and use the bucket to lift the span in the middle , thinking it might relieve pressure and allow him to sag the span (nono) the bean does so , not wearing a hard hat in an uninsulated boom , the bean takes her up , never noticing the 7200 above his head . His head touches the 7200 instantaly tieing every thing to ground ,the bean and the truck burst into flames ,killing the bean . Tom said when he got there even the tires on the truck were still on fire ! (what a memory that would be to live with) When I told the Story to my Brother Big JoeJoe Brown he had a very similar story, but the man lived , power blew his peck muscles out of his chest , Joe said the man was still smoking when he got there . Thanks Tom and Joe for sharing those stories . For God Sakes please don't ever send out inexperienced beans to do a linedogs job , they might not live and you might live to regret it !
"WHITFIELD"
I'd rather live my life believeing there is God and die to find out their isn't . Than to live my life as if their wasn't God and die to find out there is ! WHITFIELD
This is CABL.com posting #182362. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mVBu
There are 5 replies to this message
Re: Green Beans Beware !!!!!!!!!!!!! rdrner 1/8/2007 1:01:00 AM
Re: Green Beans Beware !!!!!!!!!!!!! tawvin 1/6/2007 5:56:00 PM
Re: Green Beans Beware !!!!!!!!!!!!! cablemafia3 1/5/2007 8:11:00 PM
Re: Green Beans Beware !!!!!!!!!!!!! precise com 1/5/2007 2:11:00 PM
Re: Green Beans Beware !!!!!!!!!!!!! cablerite 1/5/2007 8:24:00 AM