Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: US Military Considers Recruiting Foreigners

The fact that no one wants to sign up for it does not mean that they are right. They still live in this country and reap the many benefits they have just because of those who do sign up voluntarily. My hub and I have had this discussion with my brother, Mr. Religion, Mr. Christian, and we told him we feel EVERY KID OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL should have to sign up for 2 years in some way, shape or form - Peace Corps, whatever....doesn't mean you end up in a war zone, but you serve your country. Kids at 18 don't know what they want - they have just finished 18 years of schooling, some go to college, never to finish....my brother disagrees, and says "Why should MY kids do that?" I about wanted to knock him flat on his Christian a**. I ended the first conversation we had with it simply by saying "Man, if God had felt that way about His son, where would you be now?" Whether a war is justified or not, it's still our country. If we don't replace our guys/gals in that hell hole over there, there won't be any military left to defend this country. They have a surplus of insurgents, we aren't that lucky. If the draft forces some to come out of the wood work to remember they live here, too....then so be it. I don't see it happening any time soon, but would not discount it as an option. (angel)(usa)
This is CABL.com posting #182200. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mVyS
Posted in reply to: Re: US Military Considers Recruiting Foreigners by vegassatellite
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: US Military Considers Recruiting Foreigners vegassatellite 1/3/2007 3:48:00 PM