Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Mother Companies Take Notice

I hear you my brother , you certainly nailed that one on the head. Thats the problem , inexperienced shiners , I recall back when I started you had to cut your teeth , you cut taps for at least six months , before you were even allowed tho cut splitters and actives , let alone trunk . People took pride in their work back then. Now you meet 19 yr olds that call themselves sweepers that can't even begin to splice , just button pushers ,they call it smarter not harder , I was raised under the premis that it was harder made you smarter . People have often asked me why do you take the time to make your work beautiful , I feel like one of the last of a dieing breed , my work is like my signature , I came from generations of master craftsman ,you always do work you can be proud of. I came from the day when a hand shake was all that was needed to seal a deal , a mans word was bond as his good name depended on it . Rich I'm finally headed home for Christmas , two days on the road ahead of me . One thing I like about driving you get to see the country as you pass through it .God I love the biz and the great people in it . I remember the old days and the way things use to be , people tell me you can't bring it back , all I say is can't never did do anything , Nothing good ever came easy . I'm just thankful to the Lord for my family and the friends that I have because to me that makes me one of the richest men in the world , Friendships and true love are things all the money in the world can't buy. Duck will probably be stopping for the night somewhere about half way probably in Tennese . If Your couch is open and you got a cold one in the fridge call me maybe we can hook up shoot the chit for a while . 2007 is going to be a great year for the industry . The Lord is my shepard , I shall not want , he maketh me to lie down in green pastures . I know this for fact . Thank you Mike Brakfield for lookin out for this old dog , one hand washes the other "Brother" . To everyone thats not happy where your life is at ,just think about it , whats greater ,to take a gamble and win or let life pass you by and only wish you had taken the chance . God gave birds wings but the choice to use them and fly is on the Bird . Duck will be back. See Ya, 'WHITFIELD"
I'd rather live my life believeing there is God and die to find out their isn't . Than to live my life as if their wasn't God and die to find out there is ! WHITFIELD
This is CABL.com posting #181473. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mVm9
Posted in reply to: Re: Mother Companies Take Notice "MAPPING" by cabledog
There are 0 replies to this message