Create your free account now! Sign up

legality/respect for cones

this is something i've always wondered about, but never been much concerned with UNTIL TODAY.

let me just set the scene......i've got a tap across the street, i've got 120' to the sub pole set behind the house, with 20' shrubs down my easement and a seriously twiggy tree growing up next to my sub pole. i've got my cones set up, i'm on my q on the span, and i'm at the rickety sub pole (after climbing the twiggy tree to get my drop through every snag..........i'm pulling my drop up, WHEN I DAMN NEAR GET JERKED OFF THE POLE!.........i assume i'd pulled a branch too tight with the drop and it's whipped back, but as i come out from under the tree i see a 16 yr old kid yanking on my drop (he's moved the cones) so his buddy can drive over the drop, before i could say anything he's in the bed and they are gone, something similar happended 2 more times without me being on the pole before i grabbed every trashcan on the street and blocked it all between two trees with my truck. people were still honking for me to move my truck and i just started coming out with my hammer, pointing up, and giving the univeral "go around" gesture before i finally got the damn drop up, around the shrubs and completely through the trees......

sorry i needed to vent.

but my question is this.........how legal is it for me to stop traffic with cones on a residential street for me to pull a drop up?

ps i could have had this all done in 20 minutes if it weren't for the frustration and anger of nearly getting pulled off the pole.
This is CABL.com posting #181261. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mVjJ
There are 8 replies to this message
Re: legality/respect for cones marcaccini 12/31/2006 12:50:00 PM
Re: legality/respect for cones Geoff856 12/27/2006 1:27:00 PM
Re: legality/respect for cones Clean Splice 12/20/2006 8:32:00 AM
Re: legality/respect for cones cabler1 12/19/2006 10:28:00 AM
Re: legality/respect for cones 1st to Kink 12/19/2006 10:21:00 AM
Re: legality/respect for cones bushmaster 12/19/2006 6:21:00 AM
Re: legality/respect for cones RadioMan 12/19/2006 1:06:00 AM
Re: legality/respect for cones johned 12/19/2006 12:59:00 AM