Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: What is going on in this industry???

so lets see more primes with less subs? i don't know the answer, but as an installer (i know, lowest guy on the totem) i'm not really sure what the prime does for me except take money.....lets see, i pay for insurance, truck, gas, and tools, i fill out the papers that get sent to the mso (except for THEIR INVOICE), i do my own qc as standard operating procedure, i frequently have to pick up my materials from the mso, not the prime's warehouse, i call the mso's dispatch and plant leads when there's a problem, because the prime's supervisor doesn't answer the phone (i know it's a tough job, i gave it back to him to make more money in the field, but still) so you tell me........

i'm just thinking, in the smaller systems anyways, it would make more sense to have the subs get half of what's left from the difference between sub and prime over what the sub is getting now, roll that remaining money over into the mso's qc guy/guys and streamline the system. hell i even print my own work orders from the mso's system.....so i'm PAYING FOR THE EFFIN WORK ORDER TOO!

there has to be a better way. i'm sorry for the rant. it's time to fire up the grill and think of something outside of cable. have a good night and a good holliday season.
This is CABL.com posting #180946. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mVeE
Posted in reply to: Re: What is going on in this industry??? by cabledad
There are 0 replies to this message