Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Company bogus back charging

A true story.
I get home one night and my daughter tel me the INTERNET is not working. I tell her to wait, it should be back soon. After waiting for 2 days I finally call the cable system and the tester tell me he doest not see my cable modem. After many test the tester tell me a tech will be at my home the next day. At 9.00 he ring at my door we go down the computer room and check the output of my CM. He read + 57 dBmV which in OK. He then call the C.O. and the techc. at the other end still doesn't see the CM output. We go outside the house, at his surprise my upstrair neighbor just got athe INTERNET installed and the contractor just cut my drop added a 12 dB coupler to feed the new upstair customer. This contractor should by contract, done a new install on a new INTERNET customer, a new install had to be done by the tech. After the new install all OK, but the tech gave me a new DOCSIS modem free, gave me 3 months free INTERNET service and spent around 4 hour at my house fixing every thing. When he left the house, I started calculating the cost of that service call:
-------
4 hr @ $75.00 (truck roll etc) = $ 300.00
New CM = $ 75.00
3 month free INTERNET= $ 150.00
1 install material = $ 90.00
1 underground drop to be buried = $ 120.00
4 hours salary = $ 200.00 (yes they get $ 40.00 hr in this cable system)
Not bad for a job badly done by a contractor.
--------
And then I ear some of you guy complain about not getting paid on time.
Joe50

Joe 50
This is CABL.com posting #180905. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mVdZ
Posted in reply to: Company bogus back charging by Duck Soup
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Company bogus back charging cabledog 12/14/2006 5:28:00 PM