Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: 2 tv's from 1 reciever

if i understand you correctly you just used a splitter to mirror tv-2 in 4 rooms. you won't see any problems with the sat signal because you don't seem to have done anything between the receiver and lnb. you are working on the analog side, so the issue would be low signal to the tv's causing fuzzy pictrues, which can be fixed by a distribution amp as close to the tv-2 output as possible (before the diplexor and splitter).

something else you can do, is in a setup with 2 dual tuner (2 tv receivers) you can combine the 2 different tv-2 outputs with a 2 way splitter hooked up backwards. by modulating the tv-2's to different channels (say 60 and 22) then you can have a tv that can see the tv-2 outputs from either receiver just by changing to the appropriate channel on the tv. it works alright, although i have a suspicion that the splitters wind up going bad in this set up for some reason. i've never done this myself, but i've seen it working on upgrades and trouble calls. but the customer usually tells me that the picture was perfect at first and slowly degraded. i'm not sure why that happens. but i thought it was worth mentioning.
This is CABL.com posting #180845. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mVc1
Posted in reply to: Re: 2 tv's from 1 reciever by KAKUMASTER
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: 2 tv's from 1 reciever vegassatellite 12/14/2006 5:26:00 PM