Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: sub vs. employee contractors

Also to add the discussion that you have brought up Kablegod, you neglected to mention the other company released from Orlando was 1099. You also forgot to mention that your former company was released from Tampa last month and they are 1099 as well. Out of respect for others, I won't mention the names of those companies, but you know who I mean.

I agree with the person who said that currently there is no real answer for this topic. But it seems your views are based on your experience in CFL and with BHN. You obviously have much knowledge of the workings of the Central Florida systems. But if you look at the big picture, Comcast is the largest provider in the nation by far. They are slowly doing away with 1099. They have started this already in many areas throughout the country by providing a seperate contract for employee based companies that has higher payouts, and less penalties for things such as QC and TC after install.

1099 is not going away anytime soon, but as the months pass, the ratio of employee based to 1099 is surely changing. That is something nobody can argue. The numbers don't lie.
This is CABL.com posting #180481. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mU69
Posted in reply to: sub vs. employee contractors by kablegod
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: sub vs. employee contractors kablegod 12/7/2006 10:46:00 AM