Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Illegal Alien kills Marine on leave from Iraq!

Trey... I'm not here to argue with you, maybe I need to clarify what's got me so pissed off here.

Mr. X calls me and says he just landed a big contract to place cable but the price he's getting for placeing has to be passed down to the splicers in order for him to make a simple 10% return.

A 10% return is in no way to much to expect the way I see it, so I tell him to fax me his price sheet for the splicing work and I have to call him back and tell him NO WAY. I've known this guy for 20 years and he understands, but says in order for him to feed his family he has to be able to compete against these guys.

I'm talking industry specific here, not anything else. Let the illegals dig all the ditches they want and place a thousand miles of cable in those ditches. WE have to say NO to splicing that cable at reduced prices to cover the loss they incurr getting it placed. IF we splice that stuff up at reduced prices they DON'T lose a thing once the job is done. WE HAVE to STOP working for below industry standard rates or we'll all be looking for new careers soon!

A in-house telco tech was makeing $27.04 when I left Verizon in 2001 and they supplied their time and skills only. I supply time, skills, gas, insurance, tools, truck, and have no 401K, med benefits, life insurance, job security, not to mention that I have more experience than 99% of the in-house techs and can run circles around them in productivity and have NEVER had a charge back levied against any of my work.

Like I said, I'll stay at home and go broke (or get a job at Wal_Mart) B4 I'll roll my truck, tools, skills out to work for less than the in-house guys make. In fact if I can't make what I stated in my earlier post I'll simply give up and find another profession to excel in.

Fortunately I have a pretty good gig going right now and it should last for a while, but it still pisses me off to no end when I get those calls from long time friends and have to turn them down.

Viva el Amerixco

This is CABL.com posting #180328. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mU4G
Posted in reply to: Re: Illegal Alien kills Marine on leave from Iraq! by Trey9007
There is 1 reply to this message