Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Illegal Alien kills Marine on leave from Iraq!

I called a buddy who has a contract with Verizon in Tampa, FL the other day and to quote him "prices have gone to $hit, we can't compete with the illegals placeing cable at such cheap prices and I'll be damed if I'll hire any because the feds will throw me in prison for doing so".

So my question is, how are these companies that use illegals getting away with it? I know the illegals can get fake papers and all, but ultimately shouldn't the people that employ them face some sort of accountability for doing so?

If I had a contract and could hire illegals to work for basically minimum wage, common sense should dictate that they are willing to do so because they are here illegally, shouldn't it?

I'm no fan of Uncle Sam knowing everything, but maybe it is time to come up with some sort of National ID for employment purposes that cross references Social Security NUmbers against birth certificates and drivers license numbers and finds duplicate entries prior to the work permit being issued. The current I9 form definately doesn't work!

We HAVE to get illegals out of our work force across the board or prices will only get lower and lower.

Any thoughts ?
This is CABL.com posting #180233. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mU29
Posted in reply to: Illegal Alien kills Marine on leave from Iraq!!! by oldschooldbstech
There are 2 replies to this message