Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: when to judge a company.........

Installation as a whole SUX @$$. Whether it is satellite or cable it is a constant squeeze from both sides. MORE for less is the bottom line for customers and the service providers. And who is the chump left holding the bag? The contractor! I am on my way out. The hacks ruined the business. I started doing cable in 2k3.
I don't mind the work and I always meet a few characters along my route. I have picked up a lot of knowledge along the way. To be honest I like installing whether its cable,internet,digital phone or satellite. I just hate the business. There are too many inexperienced managers hiring too many hacks who foul up the system like engine sludge. Then there are the liars. They lie to customers. "Oh... the tech should be there any minute", meanwhile your in an attic the size of third world nation trying to find the right wall or atleast your 'stinger'.Sometimes you can't follow power. And sometimes the customer won't let you bring the line down through the ceiling in a closet. And sometimes you just want to go home two or three o'clock but you are still holding two or three jobs and nobody else will 'pickup' (cause they want to go home too). I guess I am saying this to say that, 'I won't bit@h anymore I will leave'. I will miss the work and the lifestyle but my sanity is worth than what the industry is willing to pay.
This is CABL.com posting #180023. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mUZL
Posted in reply to: Re: when to judge a company......... by lostintx
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: when to judge a company......... lostintx 11/30/2006 9:21:00 AM
Re: when to judge a company......... voices 11/29/2006 6:37:00 PM
Re: when to judge a company......... kablegod 11/29/2006 2:17:00 PM