Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Headend

I'm pretty familiar with those mods, I've worked with them quite a bit in the past. I would suggest resetting the controller module & the 9821 (overnight) if it happens again, or if you have not already done it.

The problem with the Continuum series is that both the controller (9810 or 9811) & the module (9820 or 9821) hold configuration settings in their memory. The 9810 will hold settings based on the slot, and the module will hold settings based on it's last known config.

In order to break this cycle, you have to remove the 9810 & the problem module (overnight as all other channels in this chassis will be down), then re-seat the 9810. Allow it to reboot itself (which it will then believe the problem module's slot is empty), then re-seat the problem module, while restoring it to factory reset(clears it's own memory). Then setup the module to the desired settings, and it should hold for now on.

I can't recall the exact buttons you hold together to factory reset it, but it is something like 0 & Enter...or some 2 button combination. You can find it in a manual if you have one, or somebody else might be able to tell you how...certainly SA support could. I'm not looking at one right now, so I just cant remember exactly.

Hope that helps.
This is CABL.com posting #179570. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mUSs
Posted in reply to: Re: Headend by gknox
There are 0 replies to this message