Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: My injury

Man that is bad, sounds like extensive lifetime injuries to me. If your walking abilities are impaired it wont be long till you'll have back problems once you do begin to walk again. I see no room in this industry for full time ladder use anymore,I liken it to riding a horse to work. I'm not bashing anyone here I made my living off of hooks for 7 years and we'll always need linemen who can climb but its a dangerous job every pole you hook can hurt you bad or worse fast. These companies can and should be forced to provide bucket trucks to all employee's who are expected to perform aerial work, period, no exceptions allowed. I don't know if your a sub or not and I wish you a speedy recovery thank God you did have insurance. The doctors today are amazing but a lousy $20k bucket truck could have prevented all your misery and pain. I know buckets cant get to every pole etc but even that could be addressed with some right of way revisions. I managed to stick my foot under an outrigger on a line truck years ago (my fault) and I know alot about foot problems so go easy and do what the doc says, don't push it, and good luck. My prayers will be with you and yours tonight.
This is CABL.com posting #179433. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mUQf
Posted in reply to: My injury by eastearly
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: My injury Splicer Life 4me 11/20/2006 11:07:00 PM