Create your free account now! Sign up

My injury

On 9-1-06 I had a bad fall relocating a drop from one side of a house to the other. I cut the midspan going to the house and the messenger wire snapped, the ladder and I fell 20 feet. I shattered my left tib/fib and ankle, shattered right heel. The emts' put balloon splints on both legs and got a DR. order to start pumping morphine. I went from the ER directly into surgery. They installed an external fixator on my left leg and replaced my right heel with bone grafts. I was in the hospital for 2 weeks before they could do anything else, the swelling had to go down. I have gone back for 4 more surgeries to make things as right as they can where they installed plates, rods and screws. I have been home now for 2.5 months and confined to bed and a wheel chair, absolutely non weight bearing on both legs. Today I go back for more x rays to see how thing are healing. I'm told walking will be possible in 10-12 months maybe a bit longer. I'm not In any real pain, my feet and ankles are deformed, and have lost a lot of motion. I was lucky, could have been a vegetable if I fell at another angle, all my safety equipment was on and up to date. It was an accident. The contracting company I worked for "offered Insurance" so I signed up, it was only $22.00 a week which they took out of my settlement, so I'm receiving a weekly check, 70% of my average take home and they are paying ALL the medical bills. Insurance policies are out there, every company should have something in place, if they don't find something yourself. I wanted to let everyone know to always be concerned about safety, be aware of whats going on around you, wear your belt and hardhat, and get some insurance. Sorry for the long post and PLEASE everyone be SAFE and happy holidays to all.
This is CABL.com posting #179403. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mUPL
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: My injury nrb1 11/20/2006 10:36:00 PM
Re: My injury Gwester843 11/20/2006 1:55:00 PM
Re: My injury mj82 11/20/2006 11:30:00 AM