Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Blackball List???????

i might have made the local blackball list tonight although my immediate supervisor doesn't think it's going to be a big deal, but when i had his job (he doesn't make enough for the crap he kinda deals with) i saw it happen for less. went to a job that called for adding a/o's in an apartment. we don't do that. period. if the property manager wants that done he can hire me for a postwire job himself. the customer rushes home when i tell the babysitter that we just don't do it, "ma'am it's just a liability that neither my contract, nor the provider will accept" so the guy get's home, jumps out of the car with "what's the $#%$% problem?" i say sir, i just can't do this, this is why, i apologize, if you'd like the dct's on the existing outlets i'd be happy to do it" the wife chimes in with "that's not the law in tx, i used to do xyz for xyz company, what's the customer service number?" i give it while the guy is trying to be scary, and as the phone i dialling the wife starts in with something i can't remember because it was followed by "you aren't going a fu****g place until you do this" i was already past my limit since i'd knocked on the door and heard a golf club swung by some youthful offender whacking my truck with a pitching wedge he'd obviously stolen since when i headed that way he threw it over a fence. i told her "ma'am, i'm sorry but i'm just not going to fight about this" got in my truck and left. as i pulled out of the parking lot i was still being ordered back. i know i had every right to leave, but i guarantee that this won't be the end of it, despite the fact that the work order never should have been created and i was well within my rights not to take the abuse. it's accomodation. doesn't matter about the mso or sat provider. they've all gone too far with accomodations. it goes all the way to the door, and the guy in the field is the one left to enforce the rules. maybe i need to re-read the contract, but i don't think anywhere in it does it say that i have to enforce the rules, just follow them.... and still be at the mercy of a lying sub and an incompetent suit to know if i still have work tomorrow.
This is CABL.com posting #179313. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mUOj
Posted in reply to: Blackball List??????? by samtron2
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Blackball List??????? robertmarkward 11/22/2006 9:21:00 PM