Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Illegal immigrants to decrease our quality of

I never said that you were embellishing the facts, but your statements were extremely racist. I didn't expect my statements to bother you. I just call it as I see it.

I don't doubt for one minute that there are many illegals in Vegas, but you shouldn't refer to them as browning up your former shop. That reminds me of the Great White flight from the city center to the suburbs back in the fifties and sixties.

Everyone has a choice on where they live and work, but they also have the right to not be discriminated against by racist individuals.

Our Declaration of Independence says "All men are created equal" - to me, that means everyone, not just card carrying Americans.

"Unalienable rights" means that our rights, humankind's rights, cannot "alienate or segregate any individual, regardless of race or creed".

Do not let the fact that these people (illegals) having committed a misdemeanor by crossing our borders illegally cause you to refer to Hispanics as browns or browning up our society. How certain are you that some of those guys weren't here legally? Did they all tell you that they swam across the Rio Grande the day before to invade the US and take over the cable industry?

Racism is an extremely shameful part of our diverse history, and that is where it should remain, in the past.

For what it's worth, before someone flies off the handle at me. I am a white anglo-saxon from the south with strong conservative, religious beliefs. That said, those same religious beleifs have taught me that God sees ALL MEN in his own image.

You guys are right, the government must SEAL the borders before they address any other part of the problem. Our courts must punish those that hire illegals, and the rest, well that's up to Congress.
This is CABL.com posting #179206. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mUMA
Posted in reply to: Re: Illegal immigrants to decrease our quality of by vegassatellite
There are 2 replies to this message
Yeah Primebusiness!!! oldschoolgal 11/16/2006 2:16:00 PM