Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Techs Beware!!!

Two MSO's in my area. Both USED to pay additional for wallfish, I've never seen one that paid for crawlspace.
Cx was charged additional money if a wallfish was needed, problem is, very few were told in advance thus leaving the installer to inform them then get accused of trying to rip them off.
Many jobs were cancelled due to this extra charge to the cx and you'd get a lot of these folks that would opt for store bought cable and running their own outlets thus creating more problems.
Some shady installers would invoice for wallfishes that were not done and pretty much abused the item. For example in overbuilt areas, one MSO would waive the charge and installers took advantage of using the other MSO's cable to pull in new lines and charge wallfishes for each one. Once word spreads around a shop of this practice, you have several installers out there billing for work that basically wasn't needed or not done at all.
I support being paid for wallfishes, dont get me wrong, but if the MSO is going to pay for them then they want us to justify the need to do one.
Common sense dictates whether I will enter a crawlspace or attic.
If I see filth, water, loose debris or evidence of rodents, I tell the cx it isn't safe. If an attic requires a contortionist to crawl through, I let the cx know it isn't safe. Same with the heat. Here in Fla the average temp in the summer in an attic can be well over 120... I'll have them reschedule for an early morning appointment before I'll risk my life.
This is CABL.com posting #178976. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mUIS
Posted in reply to: Re: Techs Beware!!! by broadbandsteve
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Techs Beware!!! lostintx 11/13/2006 8:35:00 AM
Re: Techs Beware!!! bushmaster 11/13/2006 7:16:00 AM