Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Inhouse vs Contractor

lol... Good exaple of whats wrong with copy & paste postings. People sometimes dont fully understand what they are copying.

Footnote: If you are a law and enforcement person guarding a store and I come in the store and begin to stuff products in my pockets, I am not stealing until I make an attempt to leave the store with the items hidden in my pockets.

I have not researched the cases you posted. But Ill bet the farm and say that in both cases the IRS took action because of the actual return the person filed. I hate to post a long post but in this case I gotta.

Lets say I made 50K in 2005. Lets say that the tax amount on 50k with 2 dependents is 10K. Now lets say that I have enough write offs that makes my taxable income 35k, which makes my taxes 7.5k. If I have filed exempt for 3 months BUT the amount of taxes I have paid for the year is still 7.5K or more, I will not be accused of a crime. I have not researched the cases you posted but Im willing to bet that a bogus 1040 was filed and the IRS was shorted $$ and thats why they took action. The key to filing exempt and not shorting the IRS, is knowing the tax system well enough so that you dont fall short and cheat the govt ouf of money when you file your actual return.

I may be a "stickler" in your eyes. But Il be the first to tell you Im no alter boy. My biggest problem with the indy vs employee tax problem is how many indys in the cable/sat world make 50k and pay no taxes, but points to the brown man makomg 20k a year paying no taxes and crys foul. I have no big issue with either group, but when the one causing most damage trys to make the other one out as being the "bad" guy and try to make themselbes out to be loyal flag waiving citizens, I take issue with that.
This is CABL.com posting #178973. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mUIP
Posted in reply to: Re: Inhouse vs Contractor by dumyid
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Inhouse vs Contractor dumyid 11/13/2006 12:21:00 AM