Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Inhouse vs Contractor The Truth

Member Uploaded Image

Thanks , I've always been a contractor and always hired contractors , I claimed six dependents and paychex solutions still hit me for federal taxes , they told me to contact my accountant to see what I had to do to be exempted , and he's been in the bahamas on vacatio. I'd just rather be a contractor and have contractors sub from me . I like being able to fire someone if I don't like the color of his hat so to speak . Thats why I always have the best working for me. Hacks and Ghost billers.............. know better . You gonna leave somthing behind you better flag my print wall . Most of the problems encountered in cable have to do with someone that dropped the ball , I think the most important processes are mapping , design and permitting. If these aren't right you got problems. The most important is the mappers ,don't use asbuilts ,until your sure they have been updated by someone that knows cable. If their not correct, they are was builts ,could have been built builts and when the info is fed into the cad it comes out wrong . One thing I would like to see change is a need for a footnote as to the location of each piece. How much time is wasted in fenced areas when you have to chase around the block to find the piece in a different yard or bad dogs, or treed out. Power supplys are important also , they can't be put just anywhere , their not allowed on every pole and some places they aren't allowed on the pole at all . I perfer pad mount to pole mount anyway. I feel sorry for the people at the mother companys when I see them puliing their hair out so to speak because they only go through a upgrade or rebuild every five to fifteen years. We live it every day. Your always going to have outages, especially when your going up in voltage , shi. happens ,if a piece has water in it and 90 volts hits it bye bye, some boards are going to burn out before they burn in , its always some thing , bad cable squirrel chews the list could go on and on. What really gets me is when the pople at the mother company seem to lose it over this , makes me wish they had been through a hurricane so they knew what an outage was . You just put your heads together and get along , one hand knows what the other is doing , you work toward a common goal .I have seen so many times someone at the mother company gets pissed of and then they micromanage the contractor and everybody suffers . I'll write the Omni Story this afternoon while enjoying my Sunday off . It doesn't bother me to work seven days a week , 13 on and one off ,whatever, got use to it at the hurricanes. Thanks for reading , like the termanator said I'll be back.
(usa) "WHITFIELD"(sunny)
I'd rather live my life believeing there is God and die to find out their isn't . Than to live my life as if their wasn't God and die to find out there is ! WHITFIELD
This is CABL.com posting #178920. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mUHY
Posted in reply to: Re: Inhouse vs Contractor by Trey9007
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Inhouse vs Contractor The Truth JORDAN19 11/15/2006 7:27:00 PM
Re: Inhouse vs Contractor The Truth Trey9007 11/12/2006 10:59:00 AM