Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Mod Swap vs Upgrade

Duck, always is amusing reading your posts so i thought i would add to this one. In dealing with cable companies I find they like to play the dumb card often when trying to get free stuff out of us. When you sign on to do a MOD SWAP it is exactly that. Swapping an old mod for a new one. Who confuses the words "mod" and "swap" for "completely overhauling our system that we neglected for the past 15 years and add to our already too many straight splices and put loops where they should have been but haven't been until we found the right sucker to do it for us for free" ?? someone trying to use the "oh we thought that meant all this other stuff"
then if you object they try to use the fact that you already are financially tied down to that job to keep you on doing free work. the dumb card only goes so far-- thats when you get out the dictionary point to the words mod and swap and ask them to read it out loud in front of everyone in the meeting. tell them you'll do that for the agreed on price and if there is anything else they want done lets negotiate a price...
ps if they want to pull the dumb card then don't bring out the dictionary they probably won't understand it- just get some crayons and white paper and draw pictures of what a mod swap is. just thought i would put my 2 pennies in the jar.
This is CABL.com posting #178791. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mUFT
Posted in reply to: Mod Swap vs Upgrade by deleted
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Mod Swap vs Upgrade deleted 11/10/2006 12:17:00 AM