Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: DISH is so much fun!!

I worked for a sub for DRS. I must emphasize "worked for"...
The scary thing to add some detail to this story was I was told even before I left the shop that a 44 was probably needed but to go there without one since they didn't have one to give me and see what I could do.... Mind you, I was VERY green with DISH having only been doing it for three days... and not aware of all the hardware issues that one can get involved with.
Coming from a CATV background I was astonished that upgrades weren't so simple every trip out what with the cx having to pay for additional hardware if there were incompatability issues.. Kinda blew my mind.
I guess my point is that DRS and DISH made it very difficult to handle some of these situations because they were so worried about the cost of some of the equipment rather than keeping an existing cx happy.
Further, once I reported for work the next day, I told my supervisor that some sort of notation needed to be made on the account so this didn't happen again and was basically told not to worry about it and he tossed the work order out.
On the flip side of this, had this been a CATV cx, I would have had my ass in a sling for not having the equipment on the truck and would have been forced to find the hardware I needed THAT DAY and take care of it.
The feeling I got from the experience was that the issue was going to be swept under the rug and leave a pissed off cx that will eventually cancel.
That incident and a few others that arose made it easy for me to decide that DISH was not the line of work I wanted to be involved in.
This is CABL.com posting #178054. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mUt0
Posted in reply to: Re: DISH is so much fun!! by oldschooldbstech
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: DISH is so much fun!! pegsat 10/29/2006 3:50:00 PM