Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Help me out...

if you are truely a sub you can't get rid of anyone except your helper if you've decided to hire one. you can put your foot down. tell the prime that you refuse to work for someone who's reputation will hamper your ability to find new work once he has lost his. you can not cover for the guy who's a$$ you keep on wiping becuase, "you know how it sucks to be charged back" you can refuse to pick up the slacker's jobs. you can call the hack out during check out in the morning (be prepared to fight). and finally, you can quit and move on to the next shop, and the next, and the next, and the next until YOU GET FIRED for being the hack, at that point go back to the last shop that paid you well.

those are just my thoughts. bottom line is there are a lot of guys that have been doing the same quality work or worse for years and it was never an issue. it is now, it's getting tight and only the guys doing clean work will have their pick of shops. their will always be the guy that gets an contract and doesn't know anything, there will always be the need for MMMMMOOOOOOOORRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEE techs in every shop, and you will pay when the new crop is less than substandard and lose again when the quota gets dropped so that the guys that will never make it can have a fighting chance.

it's a tough game and it's not worth getting upset abouit if you are making your money. easier said than done. i'm at the throat of the prime every day over something. i'm mad enough that if my phone rings "JUST ONE MORE TIME" while i'm trying to rewire the munster's house i'll walk. i don't because i have bills to pay. get over the hacks. if your work stands above your checks will too. don't lose heart or your pride, and you will continue to get paid well long after the hacks sell their tools.
This is CABL.com posting #177645. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mUnp
Posted in reply to: Re: Help me out... by cablchik
There are 0 replies to this message