Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Walk the Talk.

Good background info, takaratay. Here is ours:

I have 2 kids in the military, one son is a LCPL Marine (21) and my daughter is a Staff Sgt in the Army (27). They are still serving our country also. My son spent 8 mos. in Iraq and I hope he doesn't go back, and if that makes me selfish, so be it. My daughter served on GITMO for 2.5 years and was involved directly with the detainees. I am glad she is off the island. They (the detainees) called her the Blue-Eyed Devil because she is a female and did not act subservient (in other words, she wasn't keeping her eyes downcast and wearing a yamask!)

Have many family members who have served in the military or are still in the military, including brother-in-laws, cousins, nephews, etc.

In our area, we also provide the needed items such as toiletries and even things as mundane as Crystal Light to those in Iraq, among local hospitals and things we sent from here directly when we were notified what was needed. When I sent Lipton Iced Tea mix, the biggest can I could find, it was gone within minutes, from my son's accounting....makes us remember that small pleasures are the important ones. When I think of Halliburton and all their frivolous spending and misspending of monies for their crews in Iraq, and not a thought of them even offering anything to our troops in some way, shape or form, it infuriates me.

There are tons of programs out there to "adopt a soldier" and send needed items. I found one better tho - it is www.prayerband.com - and I still wear my wrist band with my son's name and rank on it, as he was the one who was overseas at the time the website was made known to me.

I don't think that Clean Splice is trying to make a specific point - he is just listing another agency that is working hard to help our troops out in some way, shape or form. God knows, I only wish our government would do something to help and stop spending money on b.s. items such as raises for Congress that are undeserved....lobbyist bribes.....think of what a help all that cash would be for our troops!

Kudos to all who have served, continue to serve and who continue to support our troops. God Bless one and all. (usa)

(angel) Keep them safe. And keep us strong.

This is CABL.com posting #176789. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mT9B
Posted in reply to: Re: Walk the Talk. by takaratay
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Walk the Talk. Clean Splice 10/6/2006 12:38:00 PM
Re: Walk the Talk. takaratay 10/5/2006 6:00:00 PM