Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Unity from the big boss of unity

Maybe the "big boss" should not post so late at night, like after the alcohol has taken full affect. (dizzy)

For starters, don't take my comments personally. I am simply grouping you with the majority of other primes and asking you to rationalize your self descriptive "company started by installers for installers", as if implying there is something great and different in how you conduct business.

Putting aside your claim that not only have I worked for you (I have not) but I was also let go because I used stock from a satelite warehouse, I remain unimpressed with your reply.

How can you rationalize your self description if its actual definition, in my opinion anyway, is making a contractual relationship as pleasant and profitable as possible, which is downright impossible if you are grabbing over 50% of the receipts but doing little in return for that money?

Not knowing much more about your company than the cut you get, I am going to take a wild stab here:

-Your subcontractors average over 6 days a week
-Your subcontractors average over 8 hours a day
-Your subcontractors must stay on call until at least 5 pm, with no reimbursement to them if those become wasted hours.
-You consider work related stress from long hours an issue for pussies
-You do not pay any insuarance for your guys even though, as you say, they average 2 grand a week, which means you do too. And x the size of your outfit is a whole lot for a prime that doesn't even need an office to work from.
-When gas prices ballooned last year you did not offer any allowance for the higher price, even though doing so would have had a negligiable affect to your bottomline.
-You may or may not have some hotel lined up for any new guys coming onboard. If you do it's a rats nest with 2 or more workers per room.
-You do not QC more than 10% of work done
-You have little or no training facilities for those looking to improve or gain certain certifications.
-If an MSO chargeback occurs but you agree with the sub that it wasn't his fault your response is along the lines of "thems is the breaks"
-At least 50% of your crew conducts installation routes without either meters, toning sets, proper drills, safety knowledge and equipment, or clean, professional vehicles and/or personal appearance.

2 grand a week x whatever. I'll ask you again: what exactly is your self descriptive "company started by installers for installers" based on?
This is CABL.com posting #176550. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mT5K
Posted in reply to: Re: Unity from the big boss of unity by independentcom
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Unity from the big boss of unity independentcom 10/1/2006 4:00:00 PM
Re: Unity from the big boss of unity independentcom 10/1/2006 3:54:00 PM
Re: Unity from the big boss of unity independentcom 10/1/2006 3:26:00 PM