Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Unity

Let's cut the bull "Unity". If you were really a company "started by installers, for installers" your payout would be closer to 75/25 instead of the present 40/60. I mean it would be one thing if, like in the better old days, you actually contributed something other than 2nd party work distribution for that 60% you now collect, but you don't.

Cable Co.: "Here is the work for tech 666"
Prime: "Here is your work, tech 666"
Prime: "ching ching"

You may be a decent prime, although in comparison that doesn't mean a whole lot nowadays, but until you're willing to take an appropriate cut and distribute 70% to the techs actually doing the work so they no longer have a need to work 6 1/2 days a week, you are no company "built for Installers". You're just the new kid on the block biding time before greed takes you down like it has so many others.

If you want 60% this is a sampling of what I personally would like to see:
1) 1 manager for every 3 technicians who is willing to assist that tech in any way possible during the day.
2) At least 50% QC so to remove those poor techs that put all of our jobs in constant jeopardy.
3) All workers comp and liability insurance paid. And don't say the state or IRS would have an issue with this, I know for a fact that a proper subcontractors agreement negates a reclassification.
5) I'd like to see such a drastic cut distributed to higher quality techs on occasion in the form of bonuses. Those that continually pass QC. Those that continually complete their work. Those that make your firm.

Short of those I'll accept 70% and no less. After all, if you aren't up in that dusty attic helping me fish a wall you aren't worth more than 30%.

Just my 2 cents.
This is CABL.com posting #176506. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mT42
Posted in reply to: Re: Unity by independentcom
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Unity from the big boss of unity independentcom 10/1/2006 12:47:00 AM
Unity per you from a contractor manager MAGNUMCOMM 9/30/2006 11:49:00 PM
Re: Unity John.G 9/30/2006 11:23:00 PM