Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Things we think out loud when dealing with cus

I had a new connect in powder springs ga. The previous three days it rained cats and dogs. I went there on a thursday pulled up in the driveway saw water bleeding out of the cracks in the crawlspace. I said hello to the customer and started working. I ran the drop then went into the house to tone the outlets. The all tested as if a switch was connected so I went to the entrance to the crawl. Four feet of water. I told her there was nothing that I could do for her until the water was gone and the crawl was dry. She said "hold on lemme call my husband you are the third person to say so." I asked if you knew this from the beginning why didn't say so. The husband says why can't you do it man we've been waiting four days now. I said not as long as the crawl is wet no dice. I looked at the crawl again and notice his electrical wire from the meter to the panel was sitting in the water. I brought that to his and said that it was dangerous. The moron said he did it and did not see the risk in it. I said unless you are coming here to run these wires they are not going to be run. He then called in house and said that I never showed. Inhouse asks me where I am I told them at the house. They then asks why I refuse to do the install I told them why. An area supervisor says get under there and run the wires. I said "no, send one of your techs who is willing to break OSHA standards to do it better yet you come out here and do it". "If you were any kind of supervisor you would not ask a tech to risk his safety for an install and if you check the notes on the account you would realise that there was notes about water in the crawl. Call my supervisor or the owner of the company I am not doing it period. All this happened in front of the sub.
This is CABL.com posting #176287. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mT1v
Posted in reply to: Re: Things we think out loud when dealing with cus by fundude101
There is 1 reply to this message