Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Illegals, Get what you deserve.

That's the ticket, lets fill our jails and prisons up with illegals and when they are overflowing and can't hold anymore we can let some of the murderers and rapist out to make more room for Juan, Jose and Pepe'.

Have any of you ever been to Mexico or any of Latin America? I'm not talking about some tourist hotel in Cozumel, but the REAL Mexico. A lot of these people who cross the border illegally are not affraid of the prospect of going to jail. That's because most of them live in mud, cardboard and tin shacks in Mexico. So, a nice 6x9 jail cell with a sink, toliet and three square meals a day sounds pretty good to many of them.

You can't tell me if the roles were reversed and you were living in utter poverty in the US without any chance of a job and all the riches lay just across the border in Mexico that you wouldn't do everything you could (illegal or not) to get over there and try to provide a living for your family.

Yes there are legal avenues to get into this country and anyone wanting to immigrate here should follow the rules and not come illegally. But for most Mexicans, the legal methods for entry into the US are not even a possibility, because they either don't have the education to understand the process or they do not have the financial means to fund the application process. Being the husband of an immigrant (my wife is from Colombia) I can tell you first hand that getting a greencard is no cake walk. As tough as it is for an immigrant who marries a US citizen I can only imagine how much tougher it is for someone who wants to immigrate on their own.

We need to reform our immigration laws and cut out all this politically correct BS. Start looking for the real enemy and instead of allowing in so many immigrants from the Middle East (and even India), maybe we should allow more from Mexico. I don't know about you guys, but I'd rather have five Mexicans sitting next to me in church than to have two Arabs bowing to Allha in a mosq down the street.

Bottomline is until they reform immigration laws and ease the application process for Latin Americans, the flow of illegals will continue unchecked. With an easier less restrictive immigration process will come more control over how many are getting in. What's better, chasing 245,000 illegals down each week only to either throw them in our already overcrowded jails or back across the border (only to have to chase them down again next week) or letting 50,000 in legally while the rest stand in line waiting their turn? If you asked the Mexicans would they rather be here legally or illegally they will tell you, "legally".
This is CABL.com posting #176042. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mTXy
Posted in reply to: Illegals, Get what you deserve. by Clean Splice
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Illegals, Get what you deserve. Clean Splice 9/23/2006 12:57:00 PM
Re: Illegals, Get what you deserve. vegassatellite 9/22/2006 7:05:00 PM
Re: Illegals, Get what you deserve. Victor 9/22/2006 5:48:00 PM