Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Things we think out loud when dealing with cus

i was once offered the price of a modem upgrade ($33 at the time) to go out and get a modem going that had already been installed. when i got there i can't figure out where all the interference is coming from although, i'm sure it's a bad fitting. after a little talking and inspection i realize this guy didn't want to pay for the wallfish (electrical engineer in a brand new home) so the tech that did the original install just left the guy a length of cable and an open port on the splitter and went on his way.....long story short after DEMOLISHING the sheetrock in a closet to find his wire he'd become convinced of his skills and added several more of his own outlets by splicing the home run with radioshack fittings and THEN boarding up the splice in a makeshift closet it took me 3 hours of crawling through various attics to find the splice (after i'd essentially just installed 4 more outlets).......on the way out the wife who seemed to understand her husbands ego problem made a joke and i responded with "next time your husband wants to wire something, JUST TELL HIM NO."

we both laughed and then about 6:30 that night i was told that in the morning i would be going back to the house to apologize or i could just stay home from then on.
i feel your pain about engineers, but retired sbc techs might be even worse.
This is CABL.com posting #175954. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mTV8
Posted in reply to: Things we think out loud when dealing with cust's by oldschooldbstech
There is 1 reply to this message