Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: non-responders dtv

Well, the HDMIs and Component cables are not in the receiver packaging. They actually come separately. I get issued them with each HD receiver. I think my client has to buy them. However, that charge isn't being passed on to me, that's for sure. I don't know if you contract directly to dish, but if you work for a sub, it's also possible that they are circumventing a requirement.

As far as pricing goes, it generally depends on the customer. Certain customers tend to barter you down, so they get quoted higher. Leaves them feeling like they bargained me down, when all they got was my usual asking price. HDMIs are typically $75 to $100. I know my customers well and know how much they are typically getting reamed at the retail outlets. My prices are competitive, but they are priced by how much I think I can sell them for, not just based on a percentage markup. The only exception is those items I carry that DNSC also sells in-house.

One of my earliest contracts I held was one doing installs for Radio Shack. I carried one of their catalogs with me. This was back when you got one or two boxes and that was it. Plenty of slave outlets. When a customer needed diplexers, I brought out the RS catalog and looked the part up "with the customer". Let's see, two diplexers, catalog says $20 each and you need two. That's plenty good for a $1 part.
This is CABL.com posting #175857. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mTUz
Posted in reply to: Re: non-responders dtv by primebusiness
There are 0 replies to this message