Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: forgot to paste the question........

If you read earlier threads I stated I was inhouse with a service provider for 7 years and I topped out at $12 and change/hr. What im saying is go ask someone at the service provider doing installs and see what they are making. So whats being said here is that when I started contracting to make 1500 a week was a beautiful thing. Doing the same work I was prior and my pay almost tripled. You assume under false presences that if a union is there suddenly service providers are gonna take a hit? Charter is already going under. Cox is ok , and Comcast is riding high for the moment. Dont even call me a suit. Just because i get a few contracts doesnt mean jack. I dont care how many years you have been in the field or what you have done. I have spent my time chasing it and left a few jobs after a couple of weeks being the pig. I know what is good money and where to work.. When there is a contract that doesnt pay well there are still contractors? You want to stay at home and not make money fine by me but dont cry about it. Go do something else like be a CSR... My lowest paid contractor makes 1500 a week and thats all on him. After my first month contracting trey i took 10 inhouse techs from a service provider when they found out how much I was making. Im not making money hand over fist. I do make good money and its because I gambled just like most out there dont. I mortgaged the house, borrowed up to my eyeballs and eat pb/jelly sandwiches for a couple of years. But if I am providing you with a car and fuel and tools and paying to train, your dang straight Im about to make more off of ya. Because Im gambling that your a good worker. Im finding people to do a job for service providers now and if you know what your doing 1500 to 2500 a week is the avg. That is up to 125k a year for someone without an education, without any certs, sometimes little xp. How much does the avg painter in the south make a year?? 20 bucks an hour if your union /journeyman. 20/hour=40k/yr....electrician??? Its not fuzzy math thats the truth.. Ok my bad techs avg 150wk in fuel xpenses. 118k/yr... Cmon how much more you need? I had one contractor that made less than 75k last year. So tell me what im doing wrong? Now these are rates for contractors. Inhouse techs are a different breed. I keep about 20 contractors at all times and make sure they get preference over inhouse techs when work is slow. This summer I had a few making close to 5k a week for a month. Tell me those guys dont love their job? The ones that complain are the inhouse techs not the contractors. I still have 2 inhouse techs that make 300+ a day dong voip. Its all up to the individual not the contract. You guys are contractors and if it doesnt pay enough then its up to you to leave. Im just tellin ya Trey its all about the tech. Sometimes the pay sux but if you know what your doing then 100k a year is easy to find. Piece rate is almost a republican way of doing business it makes the slow inefficient workers suffer financially. What I see as the real problem here are crooked companies. In this business people tend to sub from the prime during storm damage and often dont get paid. If one were wanting to rally contractors that is the angle to pursue. You could actually start a business taking a percentage to insure they get paid. Hmm A UNION?
This is CABL.com posting #175365. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mTMD
Posted in reply to: Re: forgot to paste the question........ by Trey9007
There are 0 replies to this message