Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: When the levees broke on HBO

No one has control over the weather so if they had stayed or left there would still be a disaster with property damage and let,s face it in a storm like that there would always be lives lost. I do think that there is a problem when it comes to the rebuilding of New Orleans. We have to remember that the New Orleans Govt is reported to be the most corrupted in the US, so the bad habits that the residents has developed has been encouraged by the Govt. ( When Mayor Bloomberg took over in New York he informed all those welfare recipients that they will have to get jobs and show that they are trying to help themselves if they wanted to get any help from the Govt.... ) One thing that was not covered in the documentary in detail was where did the money that was raised privately and what the Federal Govt allotted for the rebuilding, where did it go . There is no one person or organizations to blame is has to be shared by all those who are responsible. What has to be done most importantly is learn from the mistakes that were made and avoid another disaster like Katrina for example, research and build a proper Leeve system like the one the Dutch constructed in Amsterdam . They did a good job on their system because it was important to their economy and the job was done by Engineers who worked for private companies who were held accountable for the job they were paid to do. These Army Core Of Engineers cannot be Sued for poor work and let's face it if they were working for a private company they would be getting a better salary and therefore doing a better job. I do not know if anyone saw the documentary on the National Geographic channel but is was suggested that the main reason that the Leeve collapsed not broke was because of poor foundation preparation. ( The foundation for the Leeves was not deep enough base on soil condition that it was constructed on ) this is just my input.
PS: I wonder if other organizations Govt, etc.can do some of the things that we do on the Cable Bar and share their views and opinions maybe one day we can have a better place to raise our kids and GET PAID FROM THE PRIMES AND MO..FO SORRY MSO,S FOR WORK DONE ......LOLLOLLOL...........
This is CABL.com posting #175339. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mTMd
Posted in reply to: Re: When the levees broke on HBO by IslandCableDog
There are 0 replies to this message