Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: When the levees broke on HBO

I agree that it is not the president's fault that those people did not evacuate. They even admitted that alot of them refused and there was a few that simply couldn't. What I did not like was the initial response effort by the federal and local government. I thought that the remark that Barbara Bush made made things alot worse for her sons public perception. I honestly thing that he has been dealt a ****ty hand. The 2000 election, 9-11 , the war, a few poorly written speeches, fallout over bad intell. and now Katrina. No other president has ever been dealt such a bad hand. The comment that Barbara Bush made was absolutely inapropriate. She also said it was scary that some of these people wanted to stay in Texas because of the hospitality that they received .For her to say that the conditions in the Superdome was good for these people they were underprivelidged anyway. That was biggetry at its finest. Thanks alot mom! She forgets that there was people of all walks of life in that dome living in filth and death. I used to work with one of the leading News network in the live feeds and commercial department during the hottest events alot of rumors are broadcasted without confirming validity. In 1989 after hurricane Hugo CNN reported that there were bands of men armed with machetes riding around in trucks taking over numerous islands in the caribbean. As a youngster in the caribbean I know that the neighborhood men would go around and clear the roads of fallen trees. Their method of transportation was usually a pickup. CNN called the governor of the US Virgin Islands and said that they were told that his Islands were overun by men armed with machetes. When he reported their information was false the story mysteriously vanished. When it comes to major disasters Watch Fox they are usually more accurate.
This is CABL.com posting #175270. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mTK6
Posted in reply to: Re: When the levees broke on HBO by cablemafia3
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: When the levees broke on HBO KODIAKSQ 9/9/2006 12:56:00 AM