Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: When the levees broke on HBO

Katrina footage of any sort is absolutely heartbreaking. Have you seen the Dr. Phil episode where he goes back there a year later and speaks with the chief of police about a conversation he had with the Mayor which ended in his resignation from the force? I was shocked, yet still could see so much truth in his words. The Mayor asked that fine gentleman and hero to plan his exit because of his emotional outbursts which occurred on camera. That police chief is one of the bravest people I have seen. He has so much integrity in my eyes. He stayed through everything, he kept his promise to protect and serve even as his own family was in danger. He broke down on camera when he found out that one of his men killed himself over all of the pressure....and he was as to leave over that. This is an instance when we see that some politicians are so corrupt and self serving that they will do almost anything to save themselves. He has no right to point fingers in my opinion...where was he while people were dying in the streets???
This is CABL.com posting #175256. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mTKS
Posted in reply to: When the levees broke on HBO by IslandCableDog
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: When the levees broke on HBO cablemafia3 9/8/2006 7:24:00 PM