Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: W/C

BUt since your brought it up let me say something. Dictating start times is an example of control. However, it is only one factor. No one factor alone determines your classification. The entire relationship is looked at. In this industry it is very obvious who has the control. Theres is no difference between most cable subs and cable employees. Except how they are paid. Funny thing is being paid on a set schedule such as weekly or bi-weekly is viewed as evidence that an employer/employee relationship exist.

YOU say you dont do what you dont want to. You say you have a choice. Great. But this alone does not make you a contractor. An at-will employee also has these same options. As an employee. you can choose not to do what you feel you dont want to. The employer then has the right to take action, just like the contractor can take action against a sub. Theres no difference.

It is possible to have real subs in cable/sat. Im quite sure their are many. But when you look at the want ads and read descriptions of the job they all sound like employees. But they say it is a sub position.

I have no agenda. Just taking part in a conversation. Just so you know, Im not the only one who sees this as a problem in this industry. The folks at the Sat Expo have announced that at the '07 show they have an HR company coming to the show to talk about this issue. I hear this seminar was one of their fastest filled seminar.

So Relax. Say your piece, and let me say mine. No need for all the accusations.
This is CABL.com posting #174786. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mTDi
Posted in reply to: Re: W/C by oldweller
There are 2 replies to this message
heres your merit... Trey9007 8/30/2006 3:02:00 PM
BTW heres you merit Trey9007 8/30/2006 3:01:00 PM