Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Install comparison Dish Vs. Directv

playing chest? wth...I think you guys talking dish up are ignorant to the fact that DTV is far superior product to Dish. Dish has so many stupid quirks from the installation to the end user. It takes me twice as long to install dish because of the switch checking the downloading and stinking dual tuners that won't push a second tv. I have found on the last 3 dish installs these problems....International Super dish that was bad when sent to customer. Ended up using his old Super dish after fighting the damned thing for 2 days. Another international dual tuner where the number 1 remote would not operate the number one tuner. Remote 2 operated number one and number two tuners. After 2 hours on phone with tech support these guys ended up disabling both remotes so that the customer is stuck on one station until replacement receiver is sent out.. And on my other dish install this week neither dual tuner would push picture to second tv, after taking out diplexers and running lines through the house to number 2 tv's still no picture. Both receivers wouldn't push number two tuner. Now yesterday, I installed 6 DTV customers with-in 10 hours and had not a problem one. Now if you talk to enough installers about the difference you will find similar events with Dish, the worst thing you can say about DTV is the people they use for installing their systems. i.e. HSP's...For me DTV is and has been the most installer friendly system for the past 12 years. You dish guys may say something different, but I won't believe you.
This is CABL.com posting #174172. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mTto
Posted in reply to: Re: Install comparison Dish Vs. Directv by jag2222uar
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Install comparison Dish Vs. Directv oldschooldbstech 8/18/2006 3:57:00 PM