Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Install comparison Dish Vs. Directv

I started out a cabledog but went to satellite some 6? years ago. Came over to this side when I realized that cable install rates were getting pretty crappy. The first indication was that most of the new techs were all mexicans. I guess they do do the work that us Americans won't.

I install Dish, won't touch DTV anymore, but both of their rates are pretty much a brown stripe. The only reason I still do it is because I moved to an area where the cost of living was low enough to still have a comfortable living. I also upsell to add some fluff to the income. I couldn't work at the going rates when I was in Vegas, too high of a cost of living. Now that I am in the South, I can make the same as I did in Vegas and enjoy a better living.

I am already planning my exit strategy though. I just found out that there is an electrical lineworker school near me and tuition is pretty good. Most of those guys are union and earning pretty good pay. I've climbed sticks before but this time I'm not going to stop halfway up.
This is CABL.com posting #174062. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mTrC
Posted in reply to: Re: Install comparison Dish Vs. Directv by oldschooldbstech
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Install comparison Dish Vs. Directv marcaccini 8/22/2006 9:16:00 AM
Re: Install comparison Dish Vs. Directv Trey9007 8/18/2006 10:49:00 PM