Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Can anyone interpret cablemodem error logs?

Your levels look good,I'm thinking the positive 8 downstream is your receive,anything between positive 15 and negative 15 is within spec, I like mine around 0 or at least -10 and above. The 44 up is good thats the modem upstream power needed to get back to first active. The modem can run on up to 60 in order to keep you on but should stay steady if its changing alot or adjusting to keep you on thats not good. The problem is more than likely either a flaky modem or something (100's of things) on the coax plant causing your problem. Your current levels are what I'd call optimal or good the snr is great so it isn't that. Give the guys a chance they're probably like every other tech stretched too far to stay on top of things like they should.What is your problem wont stay online? Could be anything if its intermittent could be a corroded tap dc or literally hundreds of things causing this but I bet its in the coax and not in your wiring or router need more info on specific problem your having. At this time your levels seem good. I hate intermittent problems I'd rather they just stay off instead of coming and going.
This is CABL.com posting #173689. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mTlB
Posted in reply to: Can anyone interpret cablemodem error logs? by vegassatellite
There is 1 reply to this message