Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: contractor or employee: where's the line?

the question I pose is....
If everyone speaks up then what? Everyone will end up having to hire in as an employee. Companies still do NOT have to provide health insurance, 401k, or any of the other "perks" of being an employee. The only thing that will change is that you will lose the opportunity to get the benefits of being a so called contractor as you say. You may only work 40 hours so as to not have the overtime overhead, and so you go through the motions of keeping a job, not making much money and at the end of the year you get a tax refund. you may make 30000 and get taxed for 20%. you lose the benefit of being able to make more than a 1000 a week, no write offs for mileage, office expenses, etc. I "contracted" for many years, and I would rather deal with the BS going on because it benefit me. I put in the hours because it pays for my life. My house, truck, and I always seem to have beer money to go with it. Life is rough at time because we work harder and longer than most, but it is something that me and my crew can be proud of. Our system run tight because we make it that way. It sucks sometimes, but we do it....
This is CABL.com posting #173515. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mTiN
Posted in reply to: Re: contractor or employee: where's the line? by Trey9007
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: contractor or employee: where's the line? Trey9007 8/7/2006 1:09:00 AM
Re: contractor or employee: where's the line? Trey9007 8/7/2006 1:00:00 AM