Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: New To Posting

One thing you must remember. When you post you are always gonna get replies you deem relevant, but youre also gonna get some that you feel are just crazy. Its just the nature of the beast. Happens to everyone, not just you. Its not a bad thing either, IMO. If we all did nothing but agree with each other all the time, what good would that be. Here on the bar you will get a very wide range opinions. Which is good thing. It kind of helps you keep an open mind on things,due to the many diiferent angles the memebers here will approach a topic.

Everyone here wants the best for our industry. Like I said before theres a very wide range of opinions you will get here. Some think good will come if we all work harder to satisfy the customers. Some feel, mostly the bosses, that installers are being compensated very well right now. Then there are those who feel things need to be done to make the bosses realize our importance in this industry. Then there are those between the categories I just mentioned.

IMO, a new wave is coming. We as techs are FINALLY begining to see that sitting back and doing nothing doesnt work. We've been sitting back doing nothing since the conception of cable/sat and have seen nothing but disrespect shown in the form of rate drops and increased scope of work to go alaong with those rate drops.

Many installers are saying, no more. Some are unionizing, some just say no and leave the business, some file ss-8's to fight being missclassified. All this to bring fairness to our side of the business. These actions are sometimes called useless, and are sometimes considered things that only lazy techs do. Like I said, a wide range of views will be found here. But thats just the way it is.

Understand there many different views here and you'll be fine. My advice would be to simply post what you feel. Let others have their say, but always feel free to post your comments. Dont let anyone discourage that.

This is CABL.com posting #172995. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mTap
Posted in reply to: New To Posting by hootie hoot
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: New To Posting hootie hoot 7/30/2006 12:20:00 PM