Create your free account now! Sign up

New To Posting

I have recently started posting on this site because I have found that most of the posts are from intelligent well intentioned people who are for the most part honest and concerned about the industry and how they may best learn to adapt to the ever changing world of satellite and cable.

Having said that, some of the replies I have received have questioned whether I am an installer in a rather angry and matter of fact way that was truly unwarranted and unwelcome.

For those of you who need to know, I have been in the satellite business for the past 11 years. I have installed C-Band, Ku-Band Prime star, Dish, Directv and most recently Wild blue. I am currently preparing for the V-Sat and Hughes Net exams. I have experienced all the ups and downs, the rip offs, the price cuts, and the hardships that have come our way. I have worked for some very fine companies and for some low down ones.

It has been the biggest challenge in my life since my tour of duty in the seventies. I have had regrets but have never dwelt on them because I know in my heart that I can overcome any obstacle or any challenge, through knowledge, wit, diligence, perseverance and a willingness to learn from others and from my mistakes.

We, as installers, do not have an easy or glamorous life but I have found it to be a good, honest and rewarding way to earn a living. I will still be in the business long after some of you leave because I am a satellite installer.
You must BE the change you wish to see in the world
This is CABL.com posting #172979. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mS99
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: New To Posting Trey9007 7/30/2006 12:06:00 PM
Re: New To Posting fundude101 7/30/2006 10:10:00 AM