Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Dish Network wireless system

Not disagreeing with you. I have felt the rate reductions as everyone has. I remember $199.00 to install the DRD102RW. Good times! BUT my point was that the phone line was required back then as well. Of course the economy was better and reality was/is most TVs are on interior walls which would lead you to custom discussions with customers. The big difference between techs that do well with this issue and discussing custom charges and making the money is presentation to the customers. YOU must possess that skill set to survive.

I also agree that more for less is not beneficial to anyone. SO back to the phone line issue. If there were a way for us to get around running phone lines and DTV to still get what they need to remain competitive (IRDs with phone lines installed) ,, I would be all for it. The wireless solution may be it. Then it would be required only to a primary anywhere in the house. Statistically there should be a phone jack within 25 feet of an IRD in one of the rooms of the home. Follow me?
This is CABL.com posting #172951. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mS9H
Posted in reply to: Re: Dish Network wireless system by fundude101
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Dish Network wireless system fundude101 7/29/2006 2:21:00 PM