Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Late 70's Early 80's Southern California

Cardiff was a cool place to party, eh? I saw B.B. King in this llittle hole in the wall bar, that I can't even remember the name of, and that is where the Budweiser Surf Classic was held that year. I was getting ready to bail to NC, so went back on a crew, and was able to body surf for lunch, as we wore our trunks under our jeans, and had to deal with the freaking sand under our clothes the rest of the day. People would trip watching us rip our clothes off, shed the Wescos in like 45 seconds, surf for 30, dress back up in like 5, and back on our run in 10. Hell, remember having to hit your run the day before, with 3in1 oil, and still have to use a breaker bar so you could raise the plant into a "j" hook? Sure miss Cali. How the hell does any cabledog afford to live there anymore? The house I grew up in cost my dad 19,000.00 and is worth 450,000.00 today. Check out this web-site called, "Zillow.com" Type in any address and get the value on that property, as well as a satellite shot of the area surrounding it. I damn sure couldn't come back and make it there.
Gary Vest
This is CABL.com posting #172020. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mSUG
Posted in reply to: Re: Late 70's Early 80's Southern California by trikedad
There are 0 replies to this message