Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: contractor or employee: where's the line?

I personally don't understand why they haven't hired more techs to alleviate most of the problems. I'm one of the few who have been around for a while so I feel like I give them the most trouble on this. I don't mind helping someone out who is relatively close to me, but they don't understand why I say NO to driving 20 miles to pick up a couple of reconnects without being comped in some way for the gas (or my time... remember, I'm finished at this point) . If they wanted to pay SOMETHING extra I wouldn't cause such a problem. And this is just the beginning... there is a list that has popped up recently of extra things they want us to do with no additional compensation. and I just tell them NO> that wasn't included in the price when I signed up. And you guys are right, as a contractor you have to be prepared to leave. My bottom line is I just want to be paid for what I do. If they asked me to wash their cars, I wouldn't do that either.
This is CABL.com posting #171975. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mSTX
Posted in reply to: Re: contractor or employee: where's the line? by joeatstellar
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: contractor or employee: where's the line? lostintx 7/14/2006 8:47:00 PM