Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: too many contractors in CFL

I assume this is Ron posting, although it doesn't seem quite long winded enough. :-)

You are dead on point about the employee based companies, particularly with Comcast.

We are currently converting over to employee based and with the added revenue that Comcast is willing to throw towards that goal, there simply isn't a reason not to move in that direction. It is the morally right thing to do and the only way to truly train and up train your techs. Without this critical piece, we'll never get past the image that we have all had to endure of "Larry the cable guy" being our poster child.

In this day of triple threat techs, a three day crash course in a truck with a "lead" is only setting the newbie up for anxiety and failure. I'm sick of doing business this way and refuse to continue.

We'll only take work in markets that fit our pro forma and we have just started a educational program in Baltimore that includes a 16,000 per year MCSE certification program offered through Johns Hopkins. It's time to change this business and I'm going to do my part; I hope others follow, however, if they do not, they will simply lose their techs to someone who does.

Some of you may be asking what does MCSE certification have to do with cable?

You guys need to read more.

I'll see you guys in Tampa.

Soon.
This is CABL.com posting #171316. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mSJk
Posted in reply to: Re: too many contractors in CFL by GIBroadband
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: too many contractors in CFL TDD1 7/6/2006 3:06:00 AM
Re: too many contractors in CFL GIBroadband 7/5/2006 6:25:00 PM