Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: VOIP Issue

I'll give you a little background on what we have been attempting to overcome the same problem, we haven't figured it out yet so I don't have a fix but it is definitely so annoying that we have been crediting a lot of VOIP service the last few weeks.

We are experiencing the outbound voice drop and have been battling the issue seriously for weeks now. We are using Arris MTA's and a few Motorolas and have it with both models. Initially utilization was thought to be the culprit, hitting high 60's downstream and high 70's upstream.
Split the node and rearranged the ports so we are now never over 45% at busiest times. Didn't solve it. It did help to bring HSD speeds and overall sync issues back into the good.

We see 30 to 33 return SNR at the card and MTA's are showing 34 to 37 on our downstream. We noticed some hung calls on the card and are still researching what is causing that issue, so we clear those twice a day.

Upstream has always been QPSK. Downstream we have upped to 256QAM a few months back (didn't start with the QAM change)

I'll let you know what we find as a fix when we doi if you promise to keep me posted on any results you might find. I think it must be in the OS at one of the servers or possibly a glitch in the firmware??? We just don't know.

As far as voice quality tests go it sounds perfect! The outbound voice drop happens anywhere from 2 minutes to 20 minutes into a call no matter which direction the call originated. It drops for anywhere from 1 to 4 seconds and acts just like the phone was muted. I am so baffled it is driving me crazy.

This is CABL.com posting #170475. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mSvL
Posted in reply to: VOIP Issue by ewb240sx
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: VOIP Issue reese 7/3/2006 7:59:00 PM