Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Another Shop Votes Yes!

If you cant understand for the need for orgs to have rules, then I dont know what to tell you.

Im going to respond, but I have never met anyone who has been fined by a union. These instances are very rare.

You can be fined if you do things like cross the picket line, or conduct union business wrong. Its hard to comment on this, because as you said, each union has a different constitution. But employees are able to view the constitution before they join. I would encourage anyone to read the constitution. I think I have said that many times. This should factor in on the way you choose which union they want to join. Most members have no problem with having a constitution since it was put there by the members and can be changed by the members.

I guess I really dont see your point. Are you suggesting that there be no consequence of a union member causing harm, physical or financial to another union member. Do you feel unions should not have a way to resolve its eternal issues. These are the reasons its called organized labor. Its orgainzed. I think the members perfer it that way, or else they would just change their constitution. I know of no organized org that doesnt have its own set of rules and bilaws.

Damn even the boy scouts have a constitution and bilaws. What are you getting at. Do you know of any organized and respected org that doesnt have bi-laws? Unions hold elections and handle money, dont you think a set guidelines are needed.

Why didnt you mention that before a member gets fined he has the right to due process, per the constittion. You can appeal and everything. Why no mention how the constitutions are also obligated to stay with in the legal guidelines that state and federal law GIVES NON FOR PROFIT ORGS. Funny how you left these factors out. Like I said, smoke and mirrors..............lies and half truths..........Its really starting to get old.
This is CABL.com posting #170370. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mSt4
Posted in reply to: Re: Another Shop Votes Yes! by DudeSat
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Another Shop Votes Yes! subterracommtech 6/18/2006 4:23:00 PM
Re: Another Shop Votes Yes! DudeSat 6/18/2006 3:54:00 PM