Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Latest news on Verizon

Well first off I'm trying to compete with the dish boys and all their toys,basically digital or hd and whatever they're calling watch what you want when you want. Right now we've settled on a GI 750 hfc because we can almost afford too! Seriously we can get the electronics used and reasonable,were upgrading from a GI or Jerrold 450 plant. Already placed the fiber and purchased the nodes,lasers etc,went with antec 860 nodes basically an sa 6940 but got them for a deal at $1000. Alot of dark fiber to play with yet and we havent concreted anything yet so I could still change strides but even with only 150 or so miles of strand and coax this thing is gonna cost plenty. I'm watching the telco closely to offer something soon but I think I hurt them badly when we offered broadband and they werent ready to compete 3 miles out. This triple play deal is whats troubling me the most because I really didnt want to do telephony and all the extra expense included with it. I dont believe theres any money to be made in it,all a sub needs is a modem and he can do it without me being involved. I already have one and it works fine at $24.95 a month how can we possibly make money on telephony? I dont know all I'm doing personally is trying to get as much fiber training as possible,getting ready for an advanced course now so your right I'll probably have a job but I'm not wanting to switch horses now, telco wouldn't have me when I wanted a job 15yrs ago and I haven't forgot it.
This is CABL.com posting #170157. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mSqD
Posted in reply to: Re: Latest news on Verizon by MadMax58
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Latest news on Verizon MadMax58 6/14/2006 10:21:00 PM