Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Union?

Let me give you some history you may not had picked up on in the articles. The AT&T/SBC merger was approved in this state. One of the reasons it was approved was because the companies included in their petitions that the merger would not have negative effect on jobs in that state. They are only holding the company to promises they made to the state, city, and the union.

Due to the WARN Act companies are required to bargain with their employee's union over office closings. You may not have also noted that AT&T's reasons for closing the center was due to a decrrease of call volume comming into the center. The decrease was due to outsourcing. Damn pesky unions, keeping jobs in America. They nerve of them!!

The company made promises, and because the employees have a union they were able to work together to make sure the company is held to their promise, and were able to notify the officials the company was not adhering to the conditions on which the government approved the merger.

HSP companies are violating labor laws by chargingback employees. Because they have no real voice, these violations go un-reported. This is the type of enviroment you seem to feel workers should be in. No voice, no rights, and no way to protect themselves from un-fair employers. Am I correct, or am I missing something.
This is CABL.com posting #169939. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mSm7
Posted in reply to: Re: Union? by SatSouth
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Union? Trey9007 6/12/2006 10:54:00 AM