Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Union?

Hmmm.....

Union busters and the companies that use them have often been found guilty of un-fair labor practices. Yet, your company solicits their services. I guess you see the logic in hiring a group that has some blimishes on the record. I guess you are hoping that firm or org you use will conduct their "union avoidance" campaign fair.

I dont have a problem with Union avoidance counselors, I just have a problem with the execution of union avoidance. According to the NLRB, several emplyers have broke the law and wrongfully fired employees because they support union efforts. I find it odd that Herb and other companies have to hire outside help to be advised that listening to employees makes them happy, its even more suprising that they only use these firms once employees have had enough punishment and decide to organize. Way to go Herb, pure genious. But I gotta tell ya. Im not the smartest guy in the world. but Im willing to bet that B&A employees could have told you all this, and at a fraction of the price of the union busters.

Im glad to see that you feel it is OK to secure the services of firms who supply this service. So many law firms and companies have gotten in so much trouble doing this. According to SatSouth logic, I wouldnt have expected you guys to go this route. I figured you would hire from a profession that was blimish free. But I guess the rights of B&A are important enough. I guess you hire a firm with the hopes they run an honest campaign. After all, every firm cant be held accountable for the actions of a few firms and lawyers. Protect your rights, I support you.

I just only wish you thought the rights of your emplyees were as equally important.

The price of union busters to the employer during an organizing drive...........$300/hr or more

The cost of union organizers to employees during an organizing drive...........$0

Makes you wonder..
This is CABL.com posting #169679. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mSiV
Posted in reply to: Re: Union? by SatSouth
There are 5 replies to this message
Re: Union? SatSouth 6/7/2006 12:22:00 AM
Re: Union? SatSouth 6/6/2006 11:52:00 PM
Re: Union? SatSouth 6/6/2006 11:50:00 PM
Re: Union? SatSouth 6/6/2006 11:33:00 PM
Re: Union? SatSouth 6/6/2006 11:28:00 PM